Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 2011 Father Woody Christmas Party for the Homeless.
We are again required this year to strictly limit the number of volunteers who can assist at the event. We have reached the limit of the number of volunteers allowed at the Party for have closed the Registration Form. We must limit the number of volunteers or risk violating state and local regulations that will prevent us from being able to serve the poor in the future.
HOWEVER, If you are someone whose financial support in the past or present has allowed us to serve the poor, or if you are a longtime volunteer or friend of Msgr. CB Woodrich, we will place a priority on your volunteer request. For this or other information, please send an e-mail to the Father Woody Christmas Party Committee.
If you are a volunteer from Regis University, please check to see if your name has already been included in the group registration process. To confirm, please send an e-mail to Regis University Father Woody Volunteers.
If you typically volunteer with a group such as the Vincentian Volunteers, Cathedral Young Adults, Daniels Fund (including Young Americans Bank, Daniels College of Business, RBC Daniels) or others, please check with your contact to make sure that you have not already been pre-registered.
Again, in the spirit of Father Woody, we want to honor everyone who desires to serve the poor but we must take steps this year to strictly limit the number of volunteers.
Other Ways to Help
There are countless opportunities to take part in “Father Woody Work.” By treating those on the margins of society with dignity and respect, you are walking in the footsteps of Father Woody. Do not be afraid to say hello to someone who others disregard because of their outward appearance. In that action, you are opening yourself to an encounter with our Lord Jesus Christ!
Here Are Ways you can Give Throughout the Year:
1. Purchase a gift and drop it off at Holy Ghost Church, Broadway and California:
- Items needed (for men, women, and children – all ages):
- Winter Apparel – hats, scarves, and gloves
- Warm Clothing – sweaters, sweatshirts, etc.
- Children’s toys and clothes
- Baby Items – diapers, bottles, etc.
- Gift cards for Wal-Mart, Target, King Soopers, or similar store.
*All gifts must be new, unwrapped, and preferably still have the tags on them
*Gifts can be dropped off in the Holy Ghost vestibule near the giving tree or at one of the Wrap Parties (listed below).
2. Make a monetary donation to benefit the poor and homeless:
Checks can be made out to “Father Woody Dinner” and mailed to:
Archdiocese of Denver
Attn: Fr. Woody Dinner
1300 South Steele Street
Denver, CO 80210
Please consider volunteering at Father Woody’s Haven of Hope, which provides care, hospitality and nourishing meals to nearly 200 homeless people every day. Help is always needed!
A schedule of volunteer opportunities is posted on the Father Woody Haven of Hope website.
God bless you!
- Volunteers must have registered in advance - no one will be admitted to the event whose name does not appear on the registration list. This includes friends or family members who may come with you the day of the event.
- Each volunteer must register individually - no group registrations are allowed.
- Volunteers must be at least 16-years-old.
- Volunteers will receive the date of this year's Father Woody Christmas Party after completing their registration and are asked not to share the date with anyone.
Many thanks for your willingness to serve God's poor in the spirit of Father Woody.
God bless you!
About the Party • Volunteer • Photo
Gallery • About Father Woody • Home